第 11回 Cycle 4 sharing research notes 4: Possible actions & solutions -12/05/2022
Summary: You discussed in pairs the possible actions and solutions to your issue. Then, we discussed ways to prepare for your Cycle 4 presentations on December 12th or December 19th. Finally, you reflected on the three questions in your Google Doc.
Presentation Content and Design in case you need to present on Zoom due to COVID-19:
Stratvert, K. (2020, July 24). How to properly present PowerPoint slides in Zoom [Video]. Youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNOZRa089-U
I recommend before you start to create your slideshow restate your five research questions based the five sections below and then catagorize your notes based on your references:
- Basic Information
- Cases or Further Examples
Summary: Guidelines for your Presentation in addition to the information in the presentation of your issue document:
1. Your talk should be about 7-8 minutes and then 2-3 minutes for questions, comments, and answers.
2. It is good to practice your presentation several times (even recorded on ZOOM) so you can focus with your timing and gain confidence.
3. There are usually 12 to 16 slides.
4. You’ll have a References or Works Cited page to show where you got your work from. Please include the author’s name, date published, the organization or publisher, and the URL link.
5. In the slideshow, please write and say where you got the information from in the form of in-text citations for APA such as (Miller, 2020, para. 3). You can also do narrative in-text citations such as Suzuki (2020, p. 5) suggested that… If you use the author’s exact words, you need to use “quotation marks,” but you do not need quotes if you summarize the keywords. For MLA it would be Suzuki (5) or (Miller par. 3).
6. Here are three free websites where you can download free and beautiful images and pictures:
Homework due on Friday, 12/09/2022 or 12/16/2022 by 3 PM Cycle 4 pair and small-group presentations (Assigned on Class 11) Please email your presentation to me via attachment and not in your Google Document due to formatting. Please look for the email I will send you with feedback on your presentation.