Class_12: Your Final Draft
Summary: This year, it is not your final draft, but writing your paper fully by accepting the track changes and deleting comments. We met to discuss your the two students’s papers who came to class.
Do the GAVE process for your draft before emailing your attachment!
G = Grammarly
E = Check all Explanations in the attachments below before submitting your 2nd draft.
Homework is due on Sunday, 01/28/2024 by 4 PM:
Could you please type your name, draft number, ESP2b class name, date, the like this: “Your Name”_ESP2b_Final Draft_’Your Name.’
1. Please download the ‘instructions for your ESP2b Self-Directed Learning.docx,” essay with an abstract, introduction, literature review, discussion/summary, conclusion, and references.
Please remember to follow:
a). the APA 7th Style formatting sample paper attached.
b). the organization of an essay with topic sentences that support each paragraph based on what you learned in classes
08 and 09 when you synthesized your research questions into five sections.
2. Also remember, your paper needs to be typed with double-spaced lines. At least three pages and a minimum of 800 words (cover page, introduction, literature review) so please use the word count on your PC or Mac, and type the word count number at the end of your paper before the reference section like this:
Word Count: 835
3. Then, do not forget to type your name, draft number, ESP2b, name, draft like this: “Your Name”_ESP2b_Final Draft.
If you would like to work ahead on your presentation based on your paper as a script, the information is below:
1. Your talk should be about 8-10 minutes and then 3-5 minutes for questions, comments, and answers.
2. It is good to practice your presentation several times on ZOOM so you can focus on your content while speaking to the camera.
3. There are usually 16 to 20 slides.
4. Your reference page is single-spaced with APA formatting.
5. Please include in-text citations such as parenthetical citations (Miller, 2021, par. 3). You can also do narrative in-text citations like Miller (2021) suggested that…
6. Here are two free websites where you can download free and beautiful images and pictures:
1. Do your best on preparing for your presentation slideshow with images and cite in APA references and in-text citations. The Word document of the presentation guidelines is useful to follow while adding content and your script in notes in the PowerPoint based on synthesizing your notes. Please be on time to send your submission so that you can get feedback on your presentation in Classes 14, 15, or 16.
2. Your ZOOM Presentation Guidelines and Useful Presentation Phrasebook documents:
Option to play Freerice.com: This United Nations project website has 60 levels of English vocabulary to learn and develop. For each correct vocabulary comprehended, Free Rice will donate 10 grains of rice through the World Food Programme to help end hunger, so students can learn new words and also contribute to reducing world hunger at the same time. And the levels of difficulty starting from low to very high, so it is also suitable for teachers. There are also various subjects to choose from, including English Grammar and SAT Test Preparation. And amusingly, there is a warning on the site that claims this game may make the person smarter! http://freerice.com/#/englishvocabulary/1424