ICR Class 6: Cycle 1 sharing news stories & graded reader 3: developing your ways of making notes
Summary: After speaking about your exciting weekend activities, you got to share your out-of-class listing with others at the tables. We also explored different ways of presenting for super book talk. Finally, you wrote reflections in your Google Doc. to think about your English learning progress. The questions are:
1. How did you participate in class today? Please describe as best you can.
2. What did you learn about your issue? You speaking pairs issues?
3. What are your next SMART (simple, manageable, attainable, reasonable, timely) learning goals?
1. Choose the best graded reader that you have already taken notes on to make your Super Book Talk presentation.
2. Review the Super Book Talk Guidelines for Success_Chuo IRC attached below. The goals are to:
-Fulfill or do the Super Book Talk task
-Use some sentence variety with some challenging vocabulary
-Make effective use of relevant and accurate details from the book read
-Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the book read
-Make inferences from the book and have a clear focus
-Easy to listen to with a sense of voice
3. Digital sharing is best like PowerPoint, Google Slides, or Prezzie.
4. Please email me with your attachment or put your file in our shared Google file and I will be notified.
5. There are many students, and I would like to check and help with your English, so could you send me your file by Friday, May 27th at 3 PM, so I can check it?
6, There are some examples of Super Book Talk presentations from another university.
7. Please do not copy/paste the words from the book. It is better to summarize as best you can in your own words. However is there are some really cool phrases or sentences from the book you would like to share, please use “quotation marks.”
8. The title of the book and the author’s name needs to be included, and your name.
9. Usually, each Super Book talk should be about five to seven minutes with time for questions and answers from the audience.
10. Also could you remember to make a thank you and question and answer page at the end.
In the Spring Semester, you do out-of-class listening (10 times about two pages each time) and read and talk about a minimum of 8 graded readers from the Chuo Library’s Maruzen eBook Library of graded readers. Please see the links and instructions below. The main thing is to do some homework every class. You can do little by little at your pace. However, your English will not improve so well and you will be in a ZOOM room with a pair or group with nothing to say, so please enjoy the freedom of choosing your listening and reading content.
You note-take on paper and feel free to use charts, diagrams, and colors as you like. Then, can you take pictures of them and put them in your shared drive file with me?
On each homework note-taking, please write if it is a “Listening” or “Graded Reader” and write your name on it and the number like Listening 1 or Graded Reader
Now there are samples of Chuo Graded Reader Note-taking attached below.
Step 3 for the Graded Readers in The Maruzen eBook Library “6 Spring Semester: Downloading and reading e-books” in the link below is very important to follow. Please download your book quickly and save it because We can download only one book at Chuo University at one time:).
Sample Super Book Talk Slide Shows: