ICR Class 12: Cycle 4 pair and small-group presentation preparation
Summary: We had lovely Cycle 4 presentation today. Finally, you reflected on the three questions in your Google Doc.
I would like to remind everyone that you need an introduction, conclusion, references, and in-text citations on each slide so you can say where you got your work from. Also, I email your presentation back to you with corrections and feedback.
Please do not use your old draft PowerPoints while presenting. Please download my attachment with feedback because as I am trying to help you improve your presentations!
Cycle 4 Presentations:
Presentation Outline Recommendations:
I recommend before you start to create your slideshow restate your five research questions based the five sections below and then categorize your notes based on your references. This action is not required as homework, but it helps to organize your presentation:
- Basic Information
- Cases or Causes
- Effects or Further Case Examples
Presentation Content and Design if you need to join by Zoom:
Stratvert, K. (2020, July 24). How to properly present PowerPoint slides in Zoom [Video]. Youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNOZRa089-U
Summary: Guidelines for your Presentation in addition to the information in the presentation of your issue document.
1. Your talk should be about 7-8 minutes and then 2-3 minutes for questions, comments, and answers.
2. It is good to practice your presentation several times even on ZOOM so you can focus on your content while speaking.
3. There are usually 12 to 16 slides.
4. You’ll have a References page for APA and Works Cited for MLA to show where you got your work from. Please include the author’s name, date published, the organization or publisher, and the URL link.
5. In the slideshow, please write and say where you got the information from in the form of in-text citations such as (Miller, 2020, para. 3). You can also do narrative in-text citations such as Suzuki (2020, p. 5) suggested that… If you use the author’s exact words, you need to use “quotation marks,” but you do not need quotes if you summarize the keywords.
6. Here are two free websites where you can download free and beautiful images and pictures:
7. Samples of Chuo Students’ IRD PowerPoint Presentations
Homework due on Friday, 12/22/2023 by 2 PM Cycle 4 pair and small-group presentations.
Please email your presentation to my Chuo Gmail via attachment and not in your Google Document due to formatting. Please look for the email I will send you with feedback on your presentation and use this version and not the old draft. Please use the slide show that I send back to you.
Pingback: Introduction to Communication and Research -Chuo University; Faculty of Law | Stacey Vye's English Education Homepage