Session 11: The Academic Essay -The Introduction and 1st Draft
Summary: We had a writing workshop day where we reviewed writing strategies to write a practical introduction and topic thesis statement. There was a focus on APA in-text citations and exploring writing more descriptive sentences. You worked on research questions and combined synthesized notes, which is your finalized structure map.
Do WAVE for your first essay before emailing your first draft!
W = Put your paper through Draft 1 APA Essay Write & Improve
V = Veritus Certify! Check against Plagiarism -Leander Hughes
E = Check all Explanations attachments below for draft one and email it to me.
Homework due via email (Sending earlier than the deadline is great for quicker feedback to you!):
Due via email 11/07/2022 by 4 PM:
1. Using your ideas from the five questions you have made and five articles you have taken notes on, write the introduction of your essay Please remember to follow:
A). the formatting guidelines provided by the APA Style Guideline Overview attached.
B). the organization of an essay with topic sentences that support each paragraph based on what you learned in class.
2. Your paper in the future (not this assignment) needs to be typed with double-spaced lines, and at least 900 words, so please use the word count tool in Microsoft Word and type the word count number at the end of your paper before the Sources Cited section like this:
Word Count: 935
3. Please make sure that your name, draft number, AEW course name, date, and title are in the attachment file like this:
4. An option to do Write & Improve practice essay:
1. Please follow the instructions as best you can following one of the five essays you chose to write this quarter. You can write again and again following the guidance to improve your score.