Session 14: The APA Academic Essay -The Third Draft
Summary: We had another writing workshop day where we reviewed writing strategies to finish writing your second draft. There was a focus on APA in-text citations, citing your sources, vocabulary, brevity, and exploring writing more descriptive sentences. Please wait for me to give your homework feedback on your paper first. If you do not get your paper soon, please do a Write & Improve essay.
Here are convenient videos on how you can do track changes for your third draft, so you can send me a clean copy attached:
Do WAVE again:
W = Put your paper through APA Essay Write & Improve
V = Veritus Certify! Check against Plagiarism -Leander Hughes
E = Check all Explanations attachments below for draft one and email it to me.
Homework due via email (Sending earlier than the deadline is great for quicker feedback to you!):
Note: You’ll need to wait for my feedback on your second draft. I will try to check them on Saturday or Sunday Japan time. I am not sure how I can do it, but I will try. If I am late, just please wait for me and we can be flexible about the June 6th deadline.
New Deadline due via email 11/15/2023 by 5 PM: Write all of the 3rd draft!
Note: The 06/06 deadline has changed because I could not check your papers. There were 14 papers to check before yours. before Session 15 you will have your third drafts and we will make a new deadline to submit your third drafts.
1. Using your ideas from the five questions you have made and five articles you have taken notes on, write the introduction of your essay Please remember to follow:
A). the formatting guidelines provided by the APA Style Guideline Overview attached.
B). the organization of an essay with topic sentences that support each paragraph based on what you learned in class.
2. Your paper needs to be typed with double-spaced lines, and at least 900 words and no more than 1,500 words, so please use the word count tool in Microsoft Word and type the word count number at the end of your paper before the Sources Cited section like this:
Word Count: 935
3. Please make sure that your name, draft number, AEW course name, date, and title are in the attachment file like this:
‘Your Name’_AEW1_3rd Draft
4. An option to do Write & Improve practice essay:
1. Please follow the instructions as best you can following one of the five essays you chose to write this quarter. You can write again and again following the guidance to improve your score. Many you are already finished.