Workshop 07: APA Formatting -The First Draft
Summary: We worked on specific academic writing issues related to your synthesized notes to help you write your first draft. The students that took AEW1 that wrote APA formatted essays and are familiar with the writing process spoke with their pairs in a discussion format and shared their research. Students completely new to academic writing in English got more instructions and support.
“Let me live, love, and say it well in good sentences.”~Sylvia Plath
Do WAVE for your first essay before emailing your first draft!
W = Put your paper through Draft 1 APA Essay Write & Improve
V = Veritus Certify! Check against Plagiarism -Leander Hughes
E = Check all Explanations attachments below for draft one and email it to me.
Homework due via email (Sending earlier than the deadline is great for quicker feedback to you!):
Due via email Monday 10/23/2023 by 7 PM:
1. Using your ideas from the five questions you have made and six articles you have taken notes on, write your one paragraph introduction of your paper. Please remember to follow:
A). the formatting guidelines provided by the APA Style Guideline Overview attached.
B). the organization of an essay with topic sentences that support each paragraph based on what you learned in class.
2. In the first paragraph of the introduction, you write about why are you doing this research and the last sentence you write your topic thesis statement: In this essay I will discuss ______, __________, ________, ________, and _________.
3. Your paper that you will write over the weekend that is due before Workshop 09 needs to be typed with double-spaced lines, and at least 900 words and no more than 1,500, so please use the word count tool in Microsoft Word and type the word count number at the end of your paper before the Sources Cited section like this:
Word Count: 935
4. Please make sure that your name, draft number, AEW course name, date, and title are in the attachment file like this:
‘Your Name’_AEW2_First Draft_
4. An option to do Write & Improve practice essay, which are all due on 11/20/2023.
You can get feedback and editing to improve your writing as much as you like and please improve the essay by rewriting it. Our goal for this class is the B2 level. However, if you get a C1, why not challenge to try to get a C2? Could you please do at least one entry on the essay topic you would like to write about in detail? Here is the convenient link: