ICR Class 1: Course introduction and requirements, goal-setting, introduction to out-of-class listening and different news websites
Summary of Class 01: We had an orientation to the course explaining the documents below, including what is expected of you and how you can excel in the class. You learned about the course introduction and requirements, goal-setting, introduction to social, political, and business issues; web-based research and websites; and student-choice of researching listening to interesting issues and reading graded readers of your choice.
Homework due uploaded to your Google Drive Shared file on Friday 04/14/23 at 2 PM.
- Please email me with your Chuo Gmail account if you were absent from class today.
Please listen to four news stories and take notes on two pages of paper. Here are samples of good news listening notes: Listening to News
- Then, upload the pictures of your two pages of four listening to news notes in your Shared Google file under the section ” 第 1 回 introduction and requirements, goal-setting, introduction to out-of-class listening and different news websites.”
Steps on How to do Homework for the Semester:
Step 1: First, please email me at my Chuo email posted on Manaba including your name, greeting, and class ICR 5th. Then, I will send you your shared Google drive homework file where you upload all homework for the semester. After doing the homework, please upload your notes on basic information of your issue in your shared Google drive file.
Homework for the Semester:
-8 Graded Reader reading and notes (upload to your Google Doc)
-10 Listening to news reviewing and notes (upload to your Google Doc)
-2 Super Book Talks on the 2 best graded readers you read presentation (email the draft before the presentation so I can give you feedback and support.
Step 2: How to use Google Drive instructional videos to share and upload homework:
Videos to help you with technology in our online classes! “Using Google Drive in Your English Classes, Videos 1~3” demonstrate basic ways to use Google Drive (Shared Drives and My Drive) in Research & Discussion and Research & Writing classes, while Video 4 focuses on the basics for students using Zoom:
- Video 1 demonstrates how you can access Google Drive from their university Gmail (全学メール) account: https://youtu.be/ZdOpkP7GVpA
- Video 2 explains how you can upload a file from their computer to Google Drive: https://youtu.be/uXXYRGjKigU
- Video 3 demonstrates how you can upload files (a Word file, a JPEG) to a Shared Drive, and thereby share them with other students: https://youtu.be/InqDpb3_H20
Important: Please do not delete your Google file because it will delete ALL of your homework (Oh no!).
You note-take on paper and feel free to use charts, diagrams, and colors as you like. Then, can you take pictures of them and put them in your shared drive file with me?
On each homework note-taking, please write if it is a “Listening” or “Graded Reader” and write your name on it and the number like Listening 1 or Graded Reader 1.
Step 3 for the Graded Readers “Spring Semester: Downloading and reading e-books” in the link below is very important to follow. Please download your book quickly and save it because We can download only one book at Chuo University at one time:).
I love to check and count homework;). I think you will enjoy this spring semester and start to research issues in the fall semester.
And here is are the ICR links and docs for your homework below for your convenience: