ICR Class 2: Sharing out-of-class listening: Different ways of listening -4/18/2022
Summary: You got to share your out-of-class listing with others. We also explored different ways of not taking. We also made sure how to upload homework and how to use the websites.
Homework due uploaded to your Google Drive Shared file before class on 04/25/2022: Please upload the pictures of your notes in your Shared Google file under the section “第 2 回 Different Ways of Listening.”
In the Spring Semester, you do out-of-class listening (10 times about two pages each time) and read and talk about a minimum of 8 graded readers from the Chuo Library’s Maruzen eBook Library of graded readers.
Please see the links and instructions below. The main thing is to do some homework every class. You can do little by little at your pace. Please enjoy the freedom of choosing your listening and reading content.
You note-take on paper and feel free to use charts, diagrams, and colors as you like. Then, can you take pictures of them and put them in your shared drive file with me?
On each homework note-taking, please write if it is a “Listening” or “Graded Reader” and write your name on it and the number like Listening 1 or Graded Reader 1.
Step 3 for the Graded Readers in The Maruzen eBook Library “6 Spring Semester: Downloading and reading e-books” in the link below is very important to follow. Please download your book quickly and save it because We can download only one book at Chuo University at one time:).
However, the Maruzen graded readers are not ready until May 9th. 2022 this year until after Golden week.
Therefore, before Golden Week there are two other ways to read these books, one online and one borrowing real books from the Chuo main library on the 4th floor!
One online and one with old-fashioned hard copies of the books:
- The online selection of stories at A2 level (for pre-intermediate students) in the Reading Zone on the British Council website for ICR students: https://learnenglishteens.britishcouncil.org/study-break/graded-reading/a2-graded-reading
- The main library at Chuo (4th floor) has hard copies to borrow of the three series of e-books in the Maruzen library, plus some other collections of readers at an appropriate level for students starting to read in ICR classes (i.e. 300-700 head words):
- Series also in the Maruzen eBooks Library
- Macmillan Readers – Starter & Beginner levels
- Cengage Page Turners – levels 2, 3, 4 & 5
- Cambridge Discovery Readers – levels A1, A1+ & A2
- Other series
- Oxford Bookworms – Stages 1 & 2
- Penguin Readers – 1 (Beginner) and 2 (Elementary) levels
- Scholastic Readers – Starter Level and Level 1
And here is are the ICR links and docs for your homework below for your convenience: