ICR Class 3: Sharing out-of-class listening: Note-taking & explaining notes
Summary: You got to share your out-of-class listing with all classmates. We also explored different ways of not taking and explaining notes. We also still made sure how to upload homework, how to use the websites, and really started your graded reader program.
Finally, you wrote reflections in your Google Doc. to think about your English learning progress. The questions are:
1. How did you participate in class today? Please describe as best you can.
2. What did you learn about your issue? You speaking pairs issues?
3. What are your next SMART (simple, manageable, attainable, reasonable, timely) learning goals?
Homework due uploaded to your Google Drive Shared file on 04/28/2023, Friday at 2 PM: Please upload the pictures of your notes in your Shared Google file under the section “第 3 回 Sharing Out-of-class Listening: Note-taking & Explaining Notes”
In the Spring Semester, you do out-of-class listening (10 times about two pages each time) and read and talk about a minimum of 8 graded readers from the:
Chuo Library’s Maruzen eBook Library of graded readers. Please see the links and instructions below. The main thing is to do some homework every class. You can do little by little at your pace. However, your English will not improve so well and you will be with a pair or group with nothing to say, so please enjoy the freedom of choosing your listening and reading content.
You note-take on paper and feel free to use charts, diagrams, and colors as you like. Then, can you take pictures of them and put them in your shared drive file with me?
On each homework note-taking, please write if it is a “Listening” or “Graded Reader” and write your name on it and the number like Listening 1 or Graded Reader 1.
Graded Reader Note-Taking Sample A:
Graded Reader Note-Taking Sample B:
The Steps for the Graded Readers in The Maruzen eBook Library “6 Spring Semester: Downloading and reading e-books” in the link above and below is very important to follow. Please download your book quickly and save it because We can download only one book at Chuo University at one time:).
However, there are other book options:
- The online selection of stories at A2 level (for pre-intermediate students) in the Reading Zone on the British Council website for ICR students: https://learnenglishteens.britishcouncil.org/study-break/graded-reading/a2-graded-reading
- Series also in the Maruzen eBooks Library
- Macmillan Readers – Starter & Beginner levels
- Cengage Page Turners – levels 2, 3, 4 & 5
- Cambridge Discovery Readers – levels A1, A1+ & A2
3. Other series:
- Oxford Bookworms – Stages 1 & 2
- Penguin Readers – 1 (Beginner) and 2 (Elementary) levels
- Scholastic Readers – Starter Level and Level 1
And here is are the ICR links and docs for your homework below for your convenience:
Different Ways of Listening 英語の説明
Downloading and Reading e-books Maruzen eBook Downloading Service
Pingback: Introduction to Communication and Research -Chuo University; Faculty of Law | Stacey Vye's English Education Homepage