Workshop 13: APA Presentation Design
“The most important thing in communication is to hear what isn’t being said.”~ Peter Drucker
Summary: We worked on design and techniques to communicate for your presentation.
“Communication – the human connection – is the key to personal and career success.”~Paul J. Meyer
Guidelines for your APA Presentation Draft that are not included in the document.
1. Your talk should be about 8-10 minutes and then 3-5 minutes for questions, comments, and answers.
2. It is good to practice your presentation several times on ZOOM so you can focus on your content while speaking to the camera.
3. There are usually 16 to 20 slides.
4. Your Reference page is single-spaced with APA formatting.
5. The APA in-text citation guide is provided, and the parenthetical in-text citations look like this (Miller, 2022, “Fairtrade Possibilities” section, para. 2) or Sakamoto (2019, p. 45). You can also do narrative in-text citations such as Suzuki (2022, para. 3) or Tanaka (2016, “Ecotourism Explained” section, para. 1) suggested that…
6. Here are two free websites where you can download free and beautiful images and pictures:
Homework due before class on 11/14/2023 by 10 AM via email attachment
1. Do your best on preparing a draft for your presentation slideshow. The Word document of the presentation guidelines is useful to follow while adding content and your script in notes in the PowerPoint based on synthesizing your notes.
2. Write & Improve due on Monday 11/20/2023, so this week and weekend is your last chance to improve on all five essays.