ICR Class 8: Cycle 2 sharing news stories & graded reader 5: making quick notes
When you have time this week, please write reflections in your Google Doc. to think about your English learning progress. The questions are:
1. How did you participate in class today? Please describe as best you can.
2. What did you learn about your issue? You speaking pairs issues?
3. What are your next SMART (simple, manageable, attainable, reasonable, timely) learning goals?
Homework due uploaded to your Google Drive Shared file on Friday, 06/09/2023 at 2 PM: Please upload the pictures of your notes in your Shared Google file under the section “第 8回 Cycle 1 Small-Group Presentations– Super Book Talk.
In the Spring Semester, you do out-of-class listening (10 times about two pages each time) and read and talk about a minimum of 8 graded readers from the Chuo Library’s Maruzen eBook Library of graded readers. Please see the links and instructions below. The main thing is to do some homework every class. You can do little by little at your pace.
By note-taking, please feel free to use charts, diagrams, and colors as you like. Then, can you take pictures of them and put them in your shared drive file with me?
The Steps for the Graded Readers in The Maruzen eBook Library “6 Spring Semester: Downloading and reading e-books” in the link above and below is very important to follow. Please download your book quickly and save it because We can download only one book at Chuo University at one time:).
You can also read online here and one with old-fashioned hard copies of the books:
- The online selection of stories at A2 level (for pre-intermediate students) in the Reading Zone on the British Council website for ICR students: https://learnenglishteens.britishcouncil.org/study-break/graded-reading/a2-graded-reading
- Series also in the Maruzen eBooks Library
- Macmillan Readers – Starter & Beginner levels
- Cengage Page Turners – levels 2, 3, 4 & 5
- Cambridge Discovery Readers – levels A1, A1+ & A2
3. Other series
- Oxford Bookworms – Stages 1 & 2
- Penguin Readers – 1 (Beginner) and 2 (Elementary) levels
- Scholastic Readers – Starter Level and Level 1
And here is are the ICR links and docs for your homework below for your convenience: