PBL Class 02: Researching Globally Based on the Issue Chosen for Class 01 on 04/17/2022
Summary: First, we discussed the features of the Google document and whether you would like to use editor mode or commenter mode. Then, you got into research pairs and discussed your findings of project notes 1 and journalling 1. After that, to develop your understanding of global issues and exploring personal and local connections about the issues that you research you asked your pair to get practice speaking about your issues and asking questions as a ‘close other or others.’
Homework due uploaded to your Google Drive Shared file by Friday 04/21/2023.
Steps, which should take about two hours:
- Please stick with the same issue you would like to explore that you feel like you can speak you close people about it.
- Do several readings on the global or universal issue related to the topic.
- Take notes in key words and not long sentences so you can speak about what you found in class on paper or a notebook.
- Take a picture of your notes with your cellphone.
- Upload the picture of your notes in your Shared Google file under the section “Project Notes 2.”
- Under the photo, type the titles, authors names or publication if there is no author and be sure to copy/paste the URL onto the Google doc. This is important so you can find where you got your research from and go back to the original article if needed.
- Then, have a conversation with friends or family members, colleagues at part-time work places, or with other students in your clubs about what you learned. This part can be in any language.
- Finally, type your reflections in “Journaling Notes 2” about what you learned in English, so I can support your work and give you feedback in the comment section of this document in our shared Google Drive.