PBL Class 04: Collect Local Stories From the Communities
Summary: First, we moved the desks and chairs out of the way. Then, I focused on supporting your writing. Afterwards, you discussed your findings on two affected communities from your notes 3 and journalling 3.
A Quick Guide to APA 7th Edition: This is for documenting where you got your information from in the Google Doc
Homework due uploaded to your Google Drive Shared file by Sunday 05/14/2023 (Extra time for you to speak to people in the community).
The steps, which should take about two hours:
- Please stick with the same issue you would like to explore that you feel like you can speak you close people about it. This time you will focus on speaking to people in your community.
- Do several readings within Japan related to the topic.
- Take notes in keywords and not long sentences so you can speak about what you found in class on paper or a notebook.
- Take a picture of your notes with your cellphone or tablet.
- Upload the picture of your notes in your Shared Google file under the section “Project Notes 4.”
- Under the photo, type the titles, authors names or publication if there is no author and be sure to copy/paste the URL onto the Google doc. This is important so you can find where you got your research from and go back to the original article if needed. Follow the APA quick guide for this, please.
- Then, have a conversation with friends or family members, colleagues at part-time work places, or with other students in your clubs about what you learned. This part can be in any language, but in your community.
- Finally, type your reflections in “Journaling Notes 4” about what you learned in English, so I can support your work and give you feedback in the comment section of this document in our shared Google Drive. The journalling should focus less on your notes and more on the people that you speak with this week.