Session_06: MLA Formatting -The First Draft Introduction
Summary: We worked on specific academic writing issues for the MLA introduction of two paragraphs, the entire paper, and you spoke about your synthesized research in pairs.
Homework due via email (Sending earlier than the deadline is great for quick feedback to you!):
Do WAVE for your essay before emailing your first MLA draft!
W = Put your paper through MLA Essay Write & Improve
V = Veritus Certify! Check against Plagiarism -Leander Hughes
E = Check all Explanations attachments, download “Instructions-for-MLA-Writing_AEW1,” and type your paper directly in the document. Once finished your draft, please email it to me.
Due via email 12/21/2021 before the session, but by 11 AM:
1. Please download the ‘MLA and Works Cited’ MS Word document attached below and type directly in the paper.
2. Using your ideas from the five questions, you have made and five articles you have taken notes on, write your essay. Please refer to the formatting guidelines and MLA Sample Paper also attached below.
3. If you are referring to your readings and it is not your original idea, please do an in-text citation of the author’s last name and page or paragraph number like this (Suzuki 22), (Tanaka par. 3), or (Watanabe “Climate Change Now” sec. par. 1) at the end of the sentence before the period.
4. In the first paragraph of the introduction, you write about why are you doing this research and the last sentence you write your topic thesis statement: This essay discusses ______, __________, ________, ________, and _________.
5. In the second paragraph of the introduction, you will write your paper in one paragraph using each of the five sections of your paper. This paper, describes ___________ (the issue, which is similar wording to the title). Then, you will write using vocabulary like, “In the first section, _______. Then, in the second section _______ . Next, in the third section,” or “firstly, secondly, thirdly” for all five of your sections.
6. Then, please put your paper through Write & Improve and Veritus, learn more about any mistakes and correct them as best you can.
7. Your paper needs to be typed with double-spaced lines, and at least 1,200 words, so please use the word count tool in Microsoft Word and type the word count number at the end of your paper before the Sources Cited section like this:
Word Count: 1,435
8. Please make surethat your name, draft number, AEW course name, date, and title are in the attachment file like this:
‘Your Name’_AEW1_1 Draft