Session_09: MLA Formatting -The 2nd Draft
Summary: I showed a good example of a paper and its sources. There was a focus on MLA in-text citations, strong topic sentences, and exploring writing more descriptive sentences.
Alex Essay Writing Tool Step 10 – Revising
Homework due via email before class on 07/13/2023 if I am on time and you are too (Sending earlier than the deadline is great for quick feedback to you!):
Do WAVE for your essay before emailing your final MLA draft!
W = Put your paper through MLA Essay Write & Improve
V = Veritus Certify! Check against Plagiarism -Leander Hughes
E = Check all Explanations attachments, download “Instructions-for-MLA-Writing_AEW1,” and type your paper directly in the document. Once finished your draft, please email it to me.
Quick Guide to Citing in MLA 9th Edition
MLA Sample Paper on Propaganda (Same as the Synthesized Notes Sample)
Student Sample MLA Paper on Brexit
1. Please download the ‘MLA and Works Cited’ MS Word document attached below and type directly in the paper.
2. Using your ideas from the five questions, you have made and five articles you have taken notes on, write your essay. Please refer to the formatting guidelines and MLA Sample Paper also attached below.
3. Your paper needs to be typed with double-spaced lines, and at least 900 words and no more than 1,200, so please use the word count tool in Microsoft Word and type the word count number at the end of your paper before the Works Cited section like this:
Word Count: 1,135
4. New! No more than four direct quotations in your paper. I hope to read your paper and not chunks of other writers’ work copy/pasted.
5. Please make sure that your name, draft number, AEW course name, date, and title are in the attachment file like this:
‘Your Name’_AEW1_2nd Draft
6. Please do 5 Write & Improve Essays by 07/31/2023 at 4 PM (but not all of them on the last day!). Also, please try to improve your score.