Workshop 14: Finalizing Your APA Proposal Presentation
“Communication leads to community, that is, to understanding, intimacy and mutual valuing.”~Rollo May
Stratvert, K. (2020, July 24). How to properly present PowerPoint slides in Zoom [Video]. Youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNOZRa089-U
How to properly present PowerPoint slides in Zoom
Summary: Guidelines for your Presentation are not included in the document.
1. Your talk should be about 8-10 minutes and then 3-5 minutes for questions, comments, and answers.
2. It is good to practice your presentation several times on ZOOM so you can focus on your content while speaking to the camera.
3. There are usually 16 to 20 slides.
4. Your Work Cited page is single-spaced with APA formatting.
5. The APA in-text citation guide is provided, and the parenthetical in-text citations look like this (Miller, 2022, “Fairtrade Possibilities” section, para. 2) or Sakamoto (2019, p. 45). You can also do narrative in-text citations such as Suzuki (2022, para. 3) or Tanaka (2016, “Ecotourism Explained” section, para. 1) suggested that…
6. Here are two free websites where you can download free and beautiful images and pictures:
Homework via email on 11/15/2023 at 5 PM:
1. Based on the feedback you receive in class. Please revise your attachment with visuals and your content if you are behind. Most of you are finished already. Then, send me your PowerPoint slideshow attached in an email send to me.
2. Write & Improve due on Monday 11/20/2023, so this weekend is your last chance to improve on all five essays.
You can get feedback and editing to improve your writing as much as you like and please improve the essay by rewriting it. Our goal for this class is the B2 level. However, if you get a C1, why not challenge to try to get a C2? Could you please do at least one entry on the essay topic you would like to write about in detail? Here is the convenient link: