Class 05: Find Your Creative Flow
Summary: As a creative visual introduction to finding flow, we viewed this inspiring video by J. Silva:
Silva, J. (2013, July 30). Find your creative flow [Video file]. YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXwLsba2TOY
Students got into pairs or groups of three to discuss finding flow based on chapter three of this reading:
Csikszentmihalyi, M. (1997). Finding flow: The psychology of engagement with everyday life. Basic Books.
Our discussions were based on these questions:
- Based on the readings, what does ‘flow’ mean to you?
- How do you feel about the quality of the experience of doing everyday activities?
- How do you feel when you do different things?
- Which of the examples of people in their daily lives was interesting to you? Why?
Homework due on Tuesday 04/26/2022 at 4 PM:
- This homework is very fun and ongoing as your four-skills logs of self-study of your choice on the English subjects within the Free Rice Programme. During the Golden Week holidays, it will be fun to play the game. To get all 20 points for the quarter. Please get 200 correct answers by the end of the term. Please let me know what your registered name is so you can get credit. You do not have to complete your correct answers every week, and the homework is at your pace, but just this time, I hope you complete some correct answers to a subject that you like during a long Golden Week. Our class code will be given to you in class, so I can see your work.
Free Rice: The World Food Programme of the United Nations!
We can fight climate change, feed hungry children and families for free while learning English too!
Freerice.com: This United Nations project website has 60 levels of English vocabulary to learn and develop. For each correct vocabulary comprehended, Free Rice will donate 10 grains of rice through the World Food Programme to help end hunger, so students can learn new words and also contribute to reducing world hunger at the same time. And the levels of difficulty starting from low to very high, so it is also suitable for teachers. There are also various subjects to choose from, including English Grammar and SAT Test Preparation. And amusingly, there is a warning on the site that claims this game may make the person smarter! http://freerice.com/#/englishvocabulary/1424
2. Please view and take two pages of notes on:
Please your Google Drive upload file to insert your photos of your notes in one document. For videos, It is very useful to include the timestamp of when you use quotations of Csikszentmihalyi’s talk next to the notes, so that you can find your work easily for your creativity observation midterm report.
Pingback: ESP2a Creativity & Innovation | Stacey Vye's English Education Homepage