Session_08: MLA Formatting -The 1st Draft
Summary: We worked on specific academic writing issues for the MLA introduction of two paragraphs and the entire paper.
Alex Essay Writing Tool Step 10 – Revising
Homework due via email (Sending earlier than the deadline is great for quick feedback to you!):
Do WAVE for your essay before emailing your first MLA draft!
W = Put your paper through MLA Essay Write & Improve
V = Veritus Certify! Check against Plagiarism -Leander Hughes
E = Check all Explanations attachments, download “Instructions-for-MLA-Writing_AEW1,” and type your paper directly in the document. Once finished your draft, please email it to me.
Quick Guide to Citing in MLA 9th Edition
MLA Sample Paper on Propaganda (Same as the Synthesized Notes Sample)
Student Sample MLA Paper on Brexit
Due via email 07/10/2023 at 7 PM:
1. Please download the ‘MLA and Works Cited’ MS Word document attached below and type directly in the paper.
2. Using your ideas from the five questions, you have made and five articles you have taken notes on, write your essay. Please refer to the formatting guidelines and MLA Sample Paper also attached below.
3. If you are referring to your readings and it is not your original idea, please do an in-text citation of the author’s last name and page or paragraph number like this (Suzuki 22) or (Tanaka par. 3) at the end of the sentence before the period.
4. In the first paragraph of the introduction, you write about why are you doing this research and the last sentence you write your topic thesis statement: This essay discusses ______, __________, ________, ________, and _________.
5. In the second paragraph of the introduction, you will write your paper in one paragraph using each of the five sections of your paper. This paper, describes ___________ (the issue, which is similar wording to the title). Then, you will write using vocabulary like, “In the first section, _______. Then, in the second section _______ . Next, in the third section,” or “firstly, secondly, thirdly” for all five of your sections.
6. Your paper needs to be typed with double-spaced lines, and at least 900 words and no more than 1,200, so please use the word count tool in Microsoft Word and type the word count number at the end of your paper before the Sources Cited section like this:
Word Count: 1,135
7. Please make sure that your name, draft number, AEW course name, date, and title are in the attachment file like this:
‘Your Name’_AEW1_2nd Draft_Introduction
8. Please put your introduction through Write & Improve in the “MLA Essay Paper Checker” entry.
9. Please do 5 Write & Improve Essays by 07/31/2023 at 4 PM (but not all of them on the last day!). Also, please try to improve your score.
Pingback: AEW1 Academic Essay Writing | Stacey Vye's English Education Homepage