Class_14: SDL Presentation Workshop
Summary: Your worked in groups to discuss your self-directed learning paper, we set individual goals for finishing your paper. Then, you learned about the presentation guidelines with the assessment document attached and viewed the three sample presentations by former students (also attached below). Please watch the video below before making your slideshow. It will help you.
Stratvert, K. (2020, July 24). How to properly present PowerPoint slides in Zoom [Video]. Youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNOZRa089-U
Guidelines for your Presentation that are not included in the document.
1. Your talk should be about 8-10 minutes and then 3-5 minutes for questions, comments, and answers.
2. It is good to practice your presentation several times on ZOOM so you can focus on your content while speaking to the camera.
3. There are usually 16 to 20 slides.
4. Your reference page is single-spaced with APA formatting.
5. Please include in-text citations such as parenthetical citations (Miller, 2021, par. 3). You can also do narrative in-text citations like Miller (2021) suggested that…
6. Here are two free websites where you can download free and beautiful images and pictures:
Homework due by PowerPoint via email by Saturday, 02/02/2024 at 3PM via email:
1. Do your best on preparing for your presentation slideshow with images and cite in APA references and in-text citations. The Word document of the presentation guidelines is useful to follow while adding content and your script in notes in the PowerPoint based on synthesizing your notes. Please be on time to send your submission so that you can get feedback on your presentation on Class_15 or Class_16.
2. Don’t forget to write your three questions in your Google Document for Class_14
3. Your ZOOM Presentation Guidelines and Useful Presentation Phrasebook documents:
Here are some excellent self-directed learning midterm reports and their corresponding final presentations to help you think about what aspect of self-directed learning you would like to write and present.
Your 2,000 points of Freerice is due 02/05/2023 before class!
Freerice.com: This United Nations project website has 60 levels of English vocabulary to learn and develop. For each correct vocabulary comprehended, Free Rice will donate 10 grains of rice through the World Food Programme to help end hunger, so students can learn new words and also contribute to reducing world hunger at the same time. And the levels of difficulty starting from low to very high, so it is also suitable for teachers. There are also various subjects to choose from, including English Grammar and SAT Test Preparation. And amusingly, there is a warning on the site that claims this game may make the person smarter! http://freerice.com/#/englishvocabulary/1424